Burning XGD3 Games Properly with iXtreme BurnerMax
This Tutorial explains how to burn XGD3 Games properly for usage with iXtreme LT+ 3.0 using a special DVD-Writer that is capable of burning 8.7GB to a 8.5GB DVD(like our Sony Optiarc AD-5280S(Special, stock ones dont work) or LiteOn iHas124B DVD-Writers)
1x Sony Optiarc AD-5280S(Special Version) or LiteOn iHasX24 B
1x Verbatim DVD+R Double Layer DVD(2.4x, 6x oder 8x)
1x PC with IMGBURN installed
Burning Games with IMGBurn
First of all Download IMGBurn and install it, if you have used it before, now reset all settings to default.
Select Burn Image file to Disc(top left button) and insert a blank Verbatim DVD+R DL DVD.(Only use Verbatims all other media is crap)
When you get this dialog, do the following:
1) Switch off Verify, untick the box, it gives errors all the time, if you want to check your discs use KProbe for reliable results.
2) With the Sony or iHasX24B DVD-Writer you will see that Free Space is 8.738.897.920 bytes, that means the disc has a capacity of 8.7GB instead of 8.5GB.
3) Now pick the xbox 360 .iso file you want to burn
4) Check again if all is correct and hit the button to start burning
Wait until everything has finished...
and then try the game in your xbox, that's it!
Troubleshooting - Solutions to common problems
L-EC Uncorrectable Error While Verifying
Switch off Verify before you burn, then you dont get this error. :P
Game doesnt work in Xbox
There are many reasons for that one.
1) The game wasnt ripped properly, make sure to try different games from reliable sources.
2) The DVDs are bad quality, Only use Verbatim DVD+R DL Discs, MKM-001 or MKM-003
3) DVD-Writer Settings are wrong or need tweaking:
In IMGBurn click on the Advanced Settings Button -> LiteOn
And set the following Settings:
Force Hypertuning - Enabled
Online Hypertung - Disabled
Smartburn - Enabled
Overspeed - Enabled
OPC history - Do not clear
Check again if it works after that.
4) Other settings
- In your BIOS make sure to set the settings of the SATA-Mode to AHCI
- Close all programs which might cause problems
- Disconnect other DVD-Writer that you dont need at the moment.
- If you are using a USB dongle make sure it comes with an external power supply the cheap small ones cant power a DVD Writer so it wont work
Notice: The Tutorials have been done many times and were often successfull, however we cannot guarantee the success and so dont take any responsibility for any damages that might be caused by it, you do it on your own risk!!!